EZBoard Public Forum
Rapid-Q Mailing List
This section is a work in progress, check back whenever you can, as this page will be updated as time permits. Last Updated:
August 20, 2000
John Davenport's Beginner Tutorials
- Learning the Basics
- Viewing Images
CGI Tutorial Series
Using Web Forms with Rapid-Q
- Part I in designing CGI programs in Rapid-Q
Text File Encryption
- Part I
Text File Encryption
- Part I Source Code
- Component for connecting to the SQL Server
- A Spin Edit control by Mesut Akcan
- QToolBar control by Jordi Ramos
- QHash component by Daitau Aaron
- for Windows/Linux/Unix. Extends QCanvas. Adds a MandelBrot image to your form.
- for Windows. Extends QComboBox. Adds a combo box with the valid drives on your computer.
- for Windows. Extends QCanvas. Adds nice colored and highlighted arrow-like buttons to your form. Created by Peter Scheutz.
- for Windows. Extends QRichEdit. Add color syntax hilighting to your RichEdit component.
- for Windows. Extends QForm. You can dynamically change your form's appearance, like the titlebar color.
- Extends QCanvas, adds nice looking diamond-like checkboxes to your form.
- for Windows/Linux/Unix. Extends QButton, animates button by changing the text.
WINAPI DLL Functions
Growing set of Windows API functions
- Translated for use in Rapid-Q
(what the Rapid-Q language SHOULD have)
- Function to evaluate string expressions, ie. "3+5^3".
- LIKE Function (pattern matching routine like in VB).
- PRINT USING Function (as in PB).
- Some useful and common CGI functions.
- How to program the joystick.
- Message box with buttons in local language.
- Page setup dialog box.
- Color chooser dialog box.
- How to drag and drop files to your form.
- How to set a file's attribute.
- How to create Windows using only Pure Windows API calls.
- How to paint your desktop background image to your form and override the default window handler.
- How to minimize your forms to the taskbar rather than the desktop.
- How to create multiple navigable forms.
- How to detect a previous instance of your program.
- Gif Animation using an ActiveX control. ZIP file also includes GIF89.DLL and RAPIDQ.GIF
- How to use image resources from DLLs, this example requires
- How to create a snap (screen) shot of your current desktop.
- How to use GIF/JPG/PCX images instead of .BMP files by using
(a free .DLL).
- How to create ownerdraw Menu items.
- Extended ListView, add gridlines, checkboxes, etc.
- How to minimize/place your application in the system tray.
- How to use global hotkeys in your application.
- How to record sound and save to a .WAV file.
- Simple MIDI player.
This page maintained by William Yu ©1999-2000